i made this yesterday along with the orange-teriyaki tofu as part of my little challenge for myself to cook using only ingredients from the cafeteria. but i ended up using shredded coconut (and cinnamon) that i had leftover from one of my batches of granola.
these turned out to be absolutely delicious and the coconut is a must!
1. Slice the apple and bake slices at 350 for about 20-ish minutes
2. Remove from the oven and place in pan on medium heat, add milk. Cook for a couple minutes.
3. Add cinnamon and coconut, bring up the heat and try to evaporate some of the milk off. (stir constantly and watch out not to burn anything!)
4. Enjoy! (yes, it’s that easy)
crunchy, sweet, and totally addictive. this healthier option will hopefully satisfy your sweet tooth this holiday season
[preheat oven to 225]
1. thinly slice a crispy apple with a mandolin, apple slicer, or slice it yourself with a knife
2. lay apple slices on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. if you want, sprinkle with cinnamon and/or sugar
3. bake for about 2 hours, turning over the apple slices halfway through. then take out the slices and let cool - letting them cool is what makes them crisp up